Friday, May 1, 2009

Uni Games 09

Cousin Jeremy and I.


Bendik before the down hill race.



The Mountain biking Team


The Games started on April 14th 2009 in Taranaki with the opening ceremony. The cross country race was on Friday, the down hill race was on Thursday, which left Wednesday for training. The weather was warm and the feeling of being in the outdoors was amazing.
The down hill race was fun and exciting. The speed which you reach before corners gives you a rush. I did have trouble staying on my bike, but considering the bike I had I thought I did ok. My final run I achieved a time of 1:20 minutes. Put me in the middle of the field.
The cross country race was three 12 Km laps making 35 Km. This was a very hot and dusty track. I did my best against the elite group of competitors, but again finished in mid field.
This will be my last Uni games for a while, I have made a decision that I will be leaving University at the end of the year to pursue a career in the field I have been studying.
The Uni games closing part was great and the people were fun to hang out with.
Thanks for the great time.

2 comments:

  1. Cool stuff Steve!
    Like the photo of misilf!
    And yeah, it's important to pursue your career, especially when it'll be in Europe! yohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your blog today, in fact, I always do. Oh, how I wish someone would find my blog as interesting as I find yours.

    ReplyDelete