Monday, April 12, 2010

Still here doing my thing


Rotterdam


Hello everyone. Well there have been some pretty fun times here in the Netherlands. Ive been to Amsterdam a few times now and every time I go I see and do something new. There are so many bars and restaurants to choose from. Its very enjoyable to hang out and catch up with friends. Paulien and I were in Rotterdam just this weekend which was very nice, I even drove there and back. Anyway on this day the marathon was on so we got to see some of the worlds fastest marathon runners. there were not many dutch guys in the lead.

I've been looking for jobs still and have had a bit of luck as I have got my self a nice part time job fixing bicycles. The work is 13 Km away so I ride my bike. Its usually my mountain bike I ride but the owner of the store lent me a Nice light carbon fiber road bike so getting to and from work is quite fast. Not to mention it was fast anyway since the roads are all flat.

I have some opportunities coming up now. I am enrolled at the University of Utrecht for learning dutch. So will be talking more dutch. Its helpful at the bike shop since everyone is speaking dutch.

Pauliens birthday this Saturday so we are having a party. I have to make a cake and prepare some things but I can't say what. In fact I'm not really sure myself.

1 comment: