Sunday, April 25, 2010

Working and learning Dutch

Well I have a job now. Its not an engineering job yet but I've made a start in the Netherlands. I am a bike mechanic in Bilthoven. It's a nice job and easy going. I mainly assemble new bikes out of their boxes and sometimes fix the odd problem of peoples bikes, like needing air in the tires or a seat that is loose. Apart from work I go to university where I attend a Dutch course, its in the morning at 9 so work gives me the time to leave for it. In the class I think I'm the only person who is learning there second language. Everyone else is learning there third or forth. The course is a good way to learn, having it 4 times a week for 2 hours each. This week I have to speak only Nederlands. So the week is pretty busy. I'm still having interviews for engineering companies and its still going slow.
This weekend we have been out to Utrecht for dinner with Pauliens year club which was nice to catch up with everyone. We have Emma a friend from NZ staying with us and today we are going to Pauliens work to have a tour of KPMG. So another big week coming up. Will have to work hard and talk more Dutch.
Tot Ziens

No comments:

Post a Comment